2014 Zionsville Little League Umpire Information
How to Become a Paid ZLL Umpire
- Minimum age of 12
- Must possess good understanding of baseball and/or softball
- Must attend ZLL umpire training annually [see below]
- Must pass ZLL Umpire Test with minimum score of 80%
- Complete Umpire Waiver Form, have on file with ZLL
- Must be approved to umpire by ZLL Umpire Chief
- Must remain in good standing with ZLL
- To be announced
Training is required to umpire in Zionsville Little League. A prospective umpire must attend one rules clinic and one mechanics clinic each year. Please bring a note pad and paper.
Rules Clinic – must attend one
- Monday, March 24 @ 7:30pm Lions Clubhouse
- Thursday, April 10 @ 7:00pm Lions Clubhouse (make-up)
(Rules clinic is required for all umpires, with 1st year umpires completing rules exam at the end of the meeting)
Mechanics Clinics – must attend one
- Tuesday, April 8 @ 7:00pm Lions Park Gazebo
- Saturday, April 12 @ 10:00am Lions Park Gazebo
(Mechanics clinics is only required for 1st and 2nd year umpires)
For more information about these clinics, contact Brad Redman, ZLL Umpire Officer.
Umpire schedules will be announced when game schedules are announced. Check back at a later date.