2013 Zionsville Little League Umpire Information
How to Become a Paid ZLL Umpire
- Minimum age of 12
- Must possess good understanding of baseball and/or softball
- Must attend ZLL umpire training annually [see below]
- Must pass ZLL Umpire Test with minimum score of 80%
- Complete Umpire Waiver Form, have on file with ZLL
- Must be approved to umpire by ZLL Umpire Chief
- Must remain in good standing with ZLL
- Home plate umpires earn $25 per game if there is a base umpire or $35 per game if there is no base umpire
- Base umpires earn $15 per game
Training is required to umpire in Zionsville Little League. A prospective umpire must attend one rules clinic and one mechanics clinic each year. Please bring a note pad and paper.
Rules Clinic – must attend one
- Monday March 25 @ 7 pm – Lion’s Club Shelterhouse; or
- Monday April 8 @ 7 pm – Lion’s Club Shelterhouse
Mechanics Clinics – must attend one
- Friday April 12 @ 6 pm – Lion’s Park Gazebo
- Monday April 15 @ 6 pm – Lion’s Park Gazebo
For more information about these clinics, contact Brad Redman, ZLL Umpire Officer.
Umpire schedules will be announced when game schedules are announced. Check back at a later date.