Registration for youth umpires who will be 12 years old by April 30 has begun. Please read the information below before signing up. To register, click here: Note: As of 2/19/2017 new umpire registration is now closed and we are no longer placing prospective umpires on a waitlist. Thanks to everyone for their great interest in umpiring!
How to Become a ZLL Youth Umpire
Sign up for first-year/rookie umpires begins February 1 and ends March 15. Registration will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis until all open spots are filled. A wait list will be maintained if open positions become available between March 15 and Opening Night. Registrations submitted on or after February 8 will be placed on the wait list.
- Minimum age of 12 (by April 30, 2017)
- Must possess good understanding of baseball/softball
- Must pass ZLL Rookie Umpire Test with score of 80% or better in first year
- Annually attend required ZLL training (dates and times to be announced)
- Review and Sign Umpire Waiver Form each year
- Approved by ZLL Umpire Office and remain in good standing with ZLL
|Intermediate Baseball (50/70)||$40||$30|
- Tournament games pay rate will be $5 higher than regular season games.
Training is required to umpire in Zionsville Little League. Please review the information below to determine the clinic(s) a prospective umpire must attend.
Basic Rules Clinic
- Required annually for all 1st year (“rookie) and 2nd year umpires
- Classroom review of Little League baseball/softball rules
- Complete pre-work review of rules information posted on ZLL web site in advance of clinic
- “Rookie” umpires must complete and pass rules exam at 80% level or higher
Introductory Field Clinic
- Required annually for all 1st year (“rookie”) and 2nd year umpires
- On-field review of umpire positioning, game mechanics and safety
- Complete pre-work review of position and mechanics information posted on ZLL web site in advance of clinic
The schedule for the required 2017 ZLL umpire training clinics will be posted in mid-February.
For more information about these clinics, contact Brad Redman, ZLL Umpire Officer.
Umpire schedules will be maintained using Assignr schedule software with account provided to each umpire once registered and approved to umpire.