“Rookie” Umpire Registration
ZLL is looking for new, 1st year (“rookie”) umpires if you meet the minimum age requirements and other qualifications. If you are interested, complete the form below to begin the registration and certification process. “Rookie” umpire registration begins February 17 and ends Sunday, March 20. ZLL has currently received enough applications to fill our needs for 2016. Applications received at this point will be placed on a waitlist. UPDATE: UMPIRE REGISTRATION FOR 2016 IS NOW CLOSED.
To register, complete the following form and hit the submit button.
You will be notified by the ZLL Umpire Officer once you are accepted as an umpire. Plan to attend the required training listed in the schedule.
ZLL Umpire Training
The format for the ZLL umpire training is changing this year to better target and improve focus on the experience level and development of youth umpires. Please review the information below to determine the clinic(s) you are required to attend.
Basic Rules Clinic
- Required annually for all 1st year (“rookie) and 2nd year umpires
- Classroom review of Little League baseball/softball rules
- Complete pre-work review of rules information posted on ZLL web site in advance of clinic
- “Rookie” umpires must complete and pass rules exam at 80% level or higher
Introductory Field Clinic
- Required annually for all 1st year (“rookie”) and 2nd year umpires
- On-field review of umpire positioning, game mechanics and safety
- Complete pre-work review of position and mechanics information posted on ZLL web site in advance of clinic
Advanced Field Clinic
- Required annually for all umpires entering 3rd year or more of umpire experience
- Review specific areas of umpire development in game management and overall effectiveness
- Focus on umpires most likely to umpire the Major and Intermediate baseball/softball divisions
The schedule for the required 2016 ZLL umpire training clinics is listed below:
|Basic Rules||Sunday, March 20||6:30 – 8:30 pm||Lions Club|
|Thursday, March 24||6:30 – 8:30 pm||Lions Club|
|Introductory Field||Wednesday, March 23||7:00 – 8:30 pm||Lions Park|
|Tuesday, April 5||7:00 – 8:30 pm||Lions Park|
|Advanced Field||7:00 – 8:30 pm||Lions Park|
|7:00 – 8:30 pm||Lions Park|